Sunday, September 23, 2007

Soccer Game Number 3

Saturday morning we had to be at the fields early because Drew's team had pictures before their game. We were all tired because we stayed out later than usual at the football game Friday night. It was very hard for Drew and Mikayla to get up and get going Saturday. I am so upset at myself that I forgot my camera this week. Drew's team played against Trey's team. You may remember Trey from the posts from our beach trip this summer. Trey is Craig's step-sister's son. All I could think was that Nana sure would love to see pictures of two of her grandsons on the field. Sorry Nana!! The game was awesome. Drew's team scored the first goal of the game, but then Trey's team went up by 3 goals during the second quarter (Drew sat this quarter out). Then in the 3rd and 4th quarters Drew's team got back into the game and were only down by one goal. They couldn't get another goal scored by the time the ref blew the final whistles, but they sure played hard trying to. Most of the boys had taken shots and had only missed by inches (Drew included). By the way I was sweating at the end of the game, you might have thought I was playing. Didn't think you could get so tired just from cheering...

Drew was upset on the way home that his team had lost, but when I asked if he had fun, he responded "YES". I reminded him that having fun was most important. He is so competitive that sometimes he forgets...

It was a great game, and Tracy (Trey's dad) even commented after the game that we had a "strong little kicker" on our hands. That made me smile...

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hi Alison,

you might enjoy my sister-in-laws blog, she too is a soccor mom for the first time (she forgot her camera this week but look in her archives)
http://www.snoopmurph.blogspot.com/

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage