Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I've Been Tagged!!

The Gal Herself has tagged me for the FIVE BEST NIGHTS, SO FAR Meme.
The rules: list the 5 best nights that you can recall and then tag four other people and see if the meme can continue. She says she thinks she knows what 3 of mine will be - I wonder if she's right?

These are my 5 in the order in which they occured...

1. The night my now hubby proposed - March 30th 2000. I had gotten pulled over on my way home from school (college) and was very upset. Luckily I only received a warning - I wonder if it had anything to do with the tears I shed (total meltdown)?? I called Craig while I was home getting ready to go to work, and he knew how upset I was. I wasn't aware of course, but he had already bought my ring and was planning to propose on Easter. After hearing my news, he decided he would surprise me after work. When I got to his house that night he had me sit down while he went to get "a surprise". He came out with roses and in the roses was a purple (my favorite color) plastic egg. When I opened it I found my ring. By this time he was on his knees and asked if I would be his wife. Through tears, I replied yes - of course!

2. Wedding Day/Night - December 29, 2000: Craig and I were married at the courthouse with only my mom, dad, sister, his dad, brother, and sister-in-law present. Since we didn't have a honeymoon, we returned to "our" house. Neither of us have any regrets about this, however, and it is still one of the most important nights of our lives (he better agree)!

3. July 6, 2001 - the day Drew was born! Holding my son for the first time was like nothing else I've ever experienced! It is still so vivid in my mind. So sweet, perfect, and dependent on me!

4. August 28, 2003 - the day Mikayla was born! Holding my daughter for the first time had me feeling all those emotions I felt on number 3 all over again! Again, this day/night is still very vivid in my mind! So beautiful, tiny, and perfect! Mikayla's birth story still to come - promise!

5. It's hard for me to find something that compares to those previous on my list, but I would have to say August 13, 2007 is something I'll never forget. When I was announced as our district's teacher of the year I was completely shocked. So many emotions and feelings came with this announcement! Such an honor...


Now, for the tag...
1. Becca
2. Mama Pajama
3. Nicole
4. Skittles

3 comments:

BeccA's Buzz said...

Those are all such great nights to remember! I don't have an engaement or wedding or birth nights to remember, so I will have to think on this for a while before I can do mine.
Yes, I leave on my trip in a little over a week! Can you believe it! There's still so much to do and I'm feeling more anxious as it gets closer...just pray for me!!

The Gal Herself said...

Yes, I guessed right. 1) wedding, 2) baby boy, 3) baby girl. I love it when I'm right. Even better, I loved reading your charming post.

Anonymous said...

Mine is up! Thanks for the tag. I enjoyed reading yours!

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage