Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Fireworks!


Drew and Mikayla wait for the fireworks to begin.

Tonight was our cities annual Red, White, and Boom festival! We've never been, but I really wanted to take Drew and Mikayla this year. So, after church, we went to Walmart to pick up a few things, then headed downtown. We didn't really want to get in all the crowds at the festival (especially with it being so late), so we parked on the side of the road with many other onlookers and waited for the fireworks to begin. They were scheduled to begin at 9:30, and we were a little early, so I tried to think of games to play with Drew and Mikayla while we waited. The one they enjoyed the most was looking for different color cars as they drove by.

Once the fireworks began, Drew didn't take his eyes off of them. He was so afraid they were going to end that he kept asking "is that it?" Mikayla (who has never liked the loud noise) went to watch from our van with Craig. After it was over, she kept saying "I like fireworks; they are pretty!" They both seemed to really enjoy the fireworks show. Drew was so worn out that he fell asleep on the way home. He didn't get a nap today at daycare. Mikayla was asleep not long after we were home.

I was able to get a few pictures of the fireworks with my new camera. It has a setting for fireworks, but you are supposed to put the camera on a flat, level, surface, or a tripod. I was holding it in my hand, aiming it toward the sky, so they probably could have been better! But I like them!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage