Sunday, August 17, 2008

Whirlwind of a Week

This has been quite a week for my family, and the week that begins tomorrow doesn't appear to be any less busy. The district breakfast/convocation was very nice and our first ever Instructional Fair that our Teacher Forum helped to plan appears to have been a success. Drew had soccer practice Monday night so I was exhausted when we got home. I spent Tuesday putting the finishing touches on my classroom getting ready for registration on Wednesday.
Wednesday was a 12+ hour workday as we got to meet our 25 new students that we will be working with this year. It was also a little exciting (read gut-wrenching) as Craig and I registered our two little ones for school this year. It is so hard for me to believe that not only will Drew be coming with me to school this year, but so will Mikayla. I really have no more babies at home. It is so hard for me to believe that we have a son in second grade and a daughter in kindergarten - where has the time gone?? I am reminded by my wiser co-workers that I will turn around and they will be graduating from high school. I'm not so sure I like the sound of that.
Friday, I spend the day with Drew and Mikayla - it was all about them. We went and had a last lunch of the summer with daddy and then we spent the rest of the day at Mimi and Poppi's pool. We also enjoyed swimming in the pool with our friends Ms. Amy, Jadyn, and Trevyr on Saturday. We had a ball both days, and I didn't think about school at all (okay, so not much).
I am anxiously looking forward to Tuesday for many reasons...1. it is the first day of school (those fellow teachers out there know that we get butterflies just like the students), 2. my baby is starting kindergarten, and 3. it is my 29th birthday (29 and holding, by the way). I will also be planning Mikayla's 5th birthday party (2 weeks from today), and getting invitations out this week. Look for lots of updates to come - just as fast as I can get them...

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage