Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Brithday to Mommy!


Wow, where to begin. I had a wonderful dinner out with my family (Craig, Drew, Mikayla, my mom, my dad, my brother, and my grandmother) last night! We enjoyed steaks, flounder, and shrimp from Coby's - it was delicious! Then we all went back to my mom and dad's for cake - my mom made me a delicious ice cream cake - yum!!! It was a fantastic way to start off my birthday - we celebrated some last night because my mom had to work tonight.
Then, today we were so busy getting ready for school this morning that I didn't even think much about my birthday. I was completely surprised when two of my parents came in to our classroom at lunch time carrying a bouquet of balloons, a bouquet of fresh cut flowers and cake squares for me, my assistant, and all of our students! I couldn't believe that they remembered (we had also taught older children in both of these families). I also received a flower arrangement from a family that we had worked with two years ago - we have such thoughtful families in our school, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work with them!
Then, when I got home, Craig and the kids presented me with dinner (another night I didn't have to cook - it doesn't get much better than that lol) and gift cards to Cato's (my favorite place to shop for my clothes!). The best gift of all though was seeing my husband and precious children after a busy day!! A year older, and I hope I am wiser. It is hard to believe I'm already 29 - that number is okay though. It's the next one that I'm really not looking forward to!!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage