Monday, August 04, 2008

Give Me Five - It Feels so Good to be Back!

My friend Becca, at BeccA's Buzz has a wonderful meme called Give Me Five. Each week, she challenges us to create a list of five things that go with a topic provided by her. This week Becca asked us to Give Me Five things you haven't done in a long time that you would like to do again.
Here's my Five...
1. Go Bowling - I love to bowl and there was a time (when I was 16) that I bowled every day. We have taken the children bowling before and Craig and I have gone by ourselves, but it has been awhile since either of those has happened. We love bowling on the Wii, but there is something to be said for the sound of pins clattering all around and people high-fiving after bowling a strike. With 2 busy children, bowling is just not on the top of our priority list. We will have to take time to take Drew and Mikayla bowling again soon!
2. Go to Atlanta - It has been about 2 years since our family has been to Atlanta, and I can't wait to go again. There is so much to do there, and it is not far from our house at all - closer than the beach even. I would love to visit Stone Mountain with my kids, go to another Braves game, and visit Cocoa Cola. I also wouldn't mind heading over to Helen, GA and visiting Babyland General Hospital (where the Cabbage Patch Kids are born).
3. Visit Family - Craig's grandparents, Drew and Mikayla's GG Ma and GG Pa live in Lakeland, Florida and it has been about 3 years since we have seen them. We went for Thanksgiving 3 years ago and also went to Disney's Animal Kingdom while there. We had so much fun visiting with GG Ma, GG Pa, Aunt Susie, and Aunt Juanita and we can't wait to go back again. Maybe sometime within the next year...
4. Participating in Memes - well since I'm participating now, I guess you could say I am well on my way to "doing this again"! I have really fallen behind on my memes and it always fun to participate. They always provide neat topics, and I so enjoy reading what others post. I'm hoping this is something I can stick to now that I have finally gotten back...
5. Since most of the previous activities involved spending money of some sort, I tried to come up with something that was free... walking. Walking is my preferred method of exercise, but since it has been so hot, I have gotten little of that done lately. Well, even before it was hot I wasn't getting a lot of that done - no time like the present to start, huh?

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage