Friday, June 27, 2008

Vacation Bible School!!

Last week, our Church had Vacation Bible School. Every night, Drew, Mikayla, and I joined had fun at "Outrigger Island"!! I have always been the lead teacher in the craft room for VBS, but this year Ms. Amanda, our children's director, asked if I would lead the preschool Bible study. I teach our 1 - 3 year olds Sunday School class and I am a Kindergarten teacher, so she thought I would be able to reach our 3 - 5 year olds in VBS. I wasn't so sure I would do as well as Amanda has done the last few years, but I agreed. I spent much time in prayer for our VBS - that me and the other teachers would share the love of Jesus through our words and our actions, and that the children would learn that it's all about Jesus! This year's theme was Living God's Unshakable Truth on Outrigger Island and the motto was Know the Truth, Speak the Truth, Live the Truth. The children were taught five different truths in Bible Study that they could share with others (words and actions). We had a fun filled week, but as I said before it is all about Jesus and I am so happy to report that we had a good turn out every night and 6 children made decisions for Him during the week!! Praise God!

The RAIN - we have really needed rain and boy did we get it. It rained on both our first and second night of VBS this week!

Drew and Mikayla and the other children danced during our opening and closing Worship Rallies! So much fun!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Alison, I'm so glad your VBS went well and how exciting for 6 children to accept Jesus! I am teaching rising 6th grade girls next week at our VBS, also "Outrigger Island" and really looking forward to it. This will be Philip's first year to attend VBS at our church so I can't wait for Friday's family night.

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage