Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Golf Camp - Year 2!

Last Tuesday, June 3rd was Drew's first day of golf camp this summer! He participated in this camp last year in the 5 - 7 year old group. This year he is in the PAR division (7 - 9 year olds), so it is a little bit longer. Instead of going every day for one week, Drew will go every Tuesday for 10 weeks. In this division children also have a chance to become certified, but they must take and pass a test. I probably will not have Drew worry about the test this year, since he is still only 6 and just enjoy golf for the fun of it. He is learning a lot about golf in the process, though! Once he becomes PAR certified, the next stage is BIRDIE. My dad loves golf and plays every Tuesday with his golfing buddies, and Drew is THRILLED to be playing every Tuesday like his Poppi! Drew carries his clubs to the course!
Mikayla had fun playing with Claire (Garrett's sister) while the boys golfed!
Drew gets his putter out.

Drew takes his turn putting. Last week, Drew was the only boy in his group and, when I asked him why, he replied because two of them were pretty. When I asked him who, I wasn't surprised when he answered Gracie and Allison. Today when we went he was with Bryson and Garrett. I had my camera but I didn't get any pictures today. They worked on chipping and driving today though and Drew said he did pretty well. He also told me some of what they are learning in the "classroom" like no yelling, running around, or loud talking on the golf course! All of the boys and girls seemed to do very well today!Davis (Allison's brother), Claire, and Mikayla play while they wait on their siblings. Breanna was there to play with Mikayla today - they were at the beach last week!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage