Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Heads or Tails!


This week Skittles called Tails. We are to tell about a time we were lucky.

1. I feel lucky to have the parents I have! I didn't agree with everything they did during my teenage years, but boy am I grateful for all they did/do now!!
2. I was lucky to meet my husband - the man of my dreams! I was in a long distance relationship at the time dating a guy I had met through friends. Craig and I met online, and we became fast friends. I couldn't believe it when I learned he lived only 2 minutes from me! The more I got to know him, the more I realized HE was the one for me. He is the best husband and father I could ask for!
3. I am lucky to have 2 beautiful, healthy (for the most part) children! Drew and Mikayla are my world - as if you couldn't tell! Mikayla has given us a couple of scares (heart rate dropping during labor, hospitalized twice before she turned 1), but we have been very blessed!
4. I am lucky to have a job that I love! I was hired in April 2001, graduated in May, had Drew in July, and started teaching at the beginning of August (when Drew was only 4 weeks old).

I truly believe everything happens for a reason according to God's plan. I am glad He is in control, because I couldn't have planned it any better!

4 comments:

Barb said...

How amazing to find your hubby lived only two minutes away!!!! Mike lived 2 1/2 hours.. a lot more driving LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great post! That must have been hard to start teaching when Drew was only four weeks old! But teaching is a great profession for raising a family. I'm hoping to be able to go back to it when my son is older.

Mom Knows Everything said...

God has definitely blessed you with many things. What a wonderful post!

Anonymous said...

Your post made me smile. What a great list of things you feel lucky for! :D

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage