Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Birthdays and Bruises!

While playing at Mimi and Poppi's tonight, Mikayla decided to hide from Poppi when she heard his truck pull in the drive-way. She went running down the hall and into my mom and dad's bedroom. Turning the corner into their bedroom she tripped and fell head first into my dad's dresser. She smacked it so hard that my mom thought she busted her head open (she was in her bedroom at the time). Craig and I jumped up and got to her to find a scratch on her head (I know this isn't really called a scratch, but I'm not sure what to call it when it's "almost busted"). It looks like it started to bust, but only opened a little bit - thank goodness because I am a calm and collected person until something happens to one of my angels! It didn't bleed, but it immediately started to POP out as you can see in the picture. She also hit her right cheek. As soon as Craig and I had her scooped up, my mom was right there with the Vaseline - used to keep bruising and swelling down. My dad came in to hear her screaming and see my mom rubbing the Vaseline on it and asked "what happened?". He got ice for her, while I got her calmed down. I think the ice and the Vaseline helped - it looked a lot better once we got home tonight. We didn't let her go to sleep until 8:30 (2 hours after she fell), and I'm anxious to see how it looks in the morning. I hate that she got a "boo boo" on her birthday!

2 comments:

BeccA's Buzz said...

Aww, poor baby girl! Sounds like it was a whopper. Hope she feels better soon!

BeccA's Buzz said...

Thanks, you deserve the award too! Didn't you know you got one? LOL
I haven't really began to even start adding my crafts to my blog. I almost feel like I want to do a separate blog for that! I'd love to figure out a good way of scanning my scrapbook pages so I can upload them to display but other than taking a photo of them, I'm not sure how to do it. I think you'd lose some quality if you took a photo of a scrapbook page, what do you think?

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage