Monday, April 28, 2008

Give Me Five...


Give Me Five things you have been busy with in the last 2 weeks since the last GM5!



Click on the picture above to head over to BeccA's Buzz if you'd like to participate. We'd love to read "your five"!

Like Becca, these past two weeks have been very busy for our family (luckily though, we did get our taxes completed and mailed on time)! Here in no particular order are just five of the things we've been busy with - this list could go on and on...

1. Dance - Mikayla had a competition 2 Saturdays ago and one this past Saturday. To prepare, Miss Andrea had scheduled some extra practices, sometimes 2 hours a day 4 or more days a week. Mikayla and mommy are worn out (happy, but worn out)!

2. Baseball - Drew has had 3 games in the past two weeks (he was supposed to have four but one was rained out and will have to be rescheduled). We haven't had any practices because the coach didn't want to wear them down too much. They have had lots of fun and so has Mikayla, mommy, daddy, Poppi, Jonathan, Jennie, and Jessica! I'm surprised my voice has held up through it all!!

3. Teacher of the Year Banquet - This past Friday night, I along with all other SC District Teachers of the Year were honored at a banquet in Columbia. It was an evening I'll never forget, but I spent 2 nights this week shopping to prepare.

4. School Stuff - As we get closer to the end of the year (23 days, but who's counting), our work get a little more hectic (especially for those teachers testing). Each year I look forward to summer vacation, but I also get sad as the group I have moves up in the fall!

5. Cooking/Cleaning/Etc. - This last one is more time consuming than I'd like it to be. If only I could get a system down...I do real well for about 1 week (2 tops) and then it all piles up on me again. It is much too tempting to pick something up for dinner on the way home, but I am trying to be a better mom for my kids. We eat healthier when we eat at home, so that is one of my goals. I can be very stubborn when I have to be!! :)

Those are some of the things I have been busy with these past two weeks. What about you?

1 comment:

BeccA's Buzz said...

Alison!!!! I have sooo missed your blog! I haven't been by in a very long time and for that, I am sorry! It's my loss, I miss hearing about your fun and happy family. I get to live vicariously through you guys, so I'm right there with ya, rooting the kids on!!

I wish I could get into a routine for cleaning my apartment. I just can't seem to get motivated these days. As my mom so astutely pointed out, I'm never home! So it's hard to keep up on things because even when I finally am home, I'm so exhausted I just want to savor the moment and vegg out.

Thank you for your GM5 post, I was afraid no one would want to participate since it appeared as though I abandoned it completely. 2 weeks in the blogging world is like forever! LOL

Have a great week!

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage