Saturday, December 06, 2008

Thanksgiving Break!!

Last week, Drew, Mikayla, and I enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving break, with one of the best parts being the 5 days out of school (we are now counting down the days until Christmas break)!! After our trip to Hollywild Tuesday night, we spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday sleeping late (later anyway), getting the house ready for Christmas decorations which included finishing the living room paint project, completing Drew's gingerbread house project, and playing. Mommy was also able to get in a little shopping, though I didn't camp out Thursday night, or shop in my pajamas no matter how tempted I was.
Thursday, my family went to Ron's Hog Pen for Thanksgiving dinner. Normally, we go to my Grandma's house for dinner with she and my mom and my aunt preparing most of the meal. The rest of us usually bring one or two things to share. This year, with my grandma being in the hospital and not feeling like her normal self, we decided that we would go out to eat instead. Mikayla was a little unsure of this at first, saying "we always go to Grandma's for Thanksgiving", but when we assured her that Grandma would be joining us at Ron's she was fine.
After dinner, Drew decided that we needed to go around the table so that each person could tell what he/she was Thankful for. He wanted his sister to start. Mikayla proclaimed that she was thankful for her turkey and dressing, which cracked us all up. Next, it was Drew's turn, and my heart melted as he told everyone he was thankful for God and his family.
I thought I would end this post by listing the things that I am thankful for, not just on Thanksgiving, but every day.
  1. God - His grace is sufficient!!
  2. My children - They are my world!!
  3. My family - Isn't unconditional love amazing??
  4. My friends - What would we do without friends??
  5. My job - I can't imagine doing anything else!!
  6. My health - Losing weight sure feels great!!

I will spare you the complete list, as it could go on and on, but you get the idea! Happy Thanksgiving (forgive me for being a little late) to all!!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage