Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas at Grandma's!

On Saturday, December 20th, my dad's side of the family got together at my Grandma's house. I was so busy gathering the stuff we were supposed to take that I forgot my camera, but my cousin Michelle sent me some of the pictures she took (she knows how I am about pictures) so hopefully this post will have some that you can enjoy! We decided this year that we wouldn't exchange gifts except to Grandma, and that we would just enjoy dinner and our time together celebrating the real reason for the season, my savior Jesus Christ. We enjoyed dinner of sandwiches - any kind you can imagine, from turkey, ham, roast beef, to pimento cheese, hash, egg salad, etc. We also had potato salad (thanks, mom), slaw (thanks, Kathy and Hank), sausage balls (thanks, KK), Red Lobster cheddar biscuits (thanks, Michelle), and I took chips and ranch dip (because Mikayla said she didn't like the hot dip, she wanted the white dip), and chips and South of the Border Bean dip. Just as a side note...even with all of this food that I so love I still managed to lose 6 pounds during this week!! Both of my dips were made with low fat ingredients and no one even noticed, nor did they complain as I didn't bring any South of the Border dip home. After dinner, we gathered in the living room to talk, laugh, talk about this past year, and open a few presents. The kids still got gifts from Grandma, KK, Denise, etc. that they couldn't wait to open. I also let Drew and Mikayla each open one gift from me (a set of Pixo's for Mikayla and a set of Backemon rollers (I have no idea how you spell these things, forgive me) for Drew). Mimi and Poppi also let them each open a present from them at Grandma's house (a set of airplanes for Drew and a make-up set for Mikayla). We had so much fun spending time as a family and celebrating Christmas together. It was great to see everyone - some we had not seen since last Christmas!!

Grandma, my cousin Michelle, Mikayla, me, and my daddy in the middle of the chaos of opening presents! That would be Drew's arms you see holding up one of his presents.

Drew and cousins Krissy and Jacob play in Grandma's garage. It was raining that night and they were trying to stay dry - well the adults were trying to keep them dry.

Mikayla and Poppi open their gifts. I love this picture - Michelle's daughter Daffney took this and she did a great job!

Jacob, Krissy, and Drew open some of their gifts!

Nadia, Krissy, and Mikayla play in Grandma's spare bedroom. Drew and Mikayla love spending time with all of their cousins every time they get a chance! We gotta get together more often!!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage