Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Brooke, Goodbye Soccer...

Saturday, November 8, it was freezing cold here, and I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Drew had 2 soccer games (end of the season tournament) and between the two of those Mikayla was excited about going to her friend Brooke's birthday party! What does a mama do? Be the tough one that she is, of course, and take care of it all!
Drew's first game was at 10:15, but the coach wanted him there at 9:15 so they could get some practice time in before the game. So Mikayla, Drew, and I headed out the door about 9 and sat in the cold for an hour while our boys kicked the ball around some. Drew also began complaining of a tummy ache about the time we arrived. We began moving over to the field where the game would be played about 10:00. We were playing one of the best (if not the best) teams in the league so when we scored first I went bananas! That was the only time we scored in the game (I believe) though, and the other team walked away with a big victory. The game ended at 11:15 which gave us just enough time to grab some lunch before Mikayla and I were to meet Amy and Jadyn at 12:15 so we could get to Brooke's party by 1:00.
We ended up not meeting Amy, Jadyn, and Trevyr until 12:30 and then headed to Shenandoah Farms where the party was being held. It was a neat horse farm that I had never been to. We arrived about five minutes after 1 and they had just begun the horse rides. I was able to watch as Mikayla rode a horse for the first time in her life - she has ridden many ponies, but this was a huge horse that the handler was walking around a HUGE pasture. I wish I had taken my camera, but my friends Nanda and Tracie had theirs and they got some pictures of Mikayla for me. I will try and add those when they email them. I needed to leave about 1:20 in order to make it back to the soccer fields in time for Drew's second game of the day (and last for the season) that started at 2. Amy, Nanda, Tracie, and Carol insisted that I leave Mikayla if she wanted to stay and that they would take care of her and bring her home. All of these ladies are wonderful friends of mine and I trust them completely, so when Mikayla said she wanted to stay, I hugged and kissed her goodbye and told her I would see her after the party.
I arrived back at the soccer fields just before the game started. This second game was an awesome game between two pretty evenly matched teams. We, again scored the first goal, and when they scored their first we answered with a second one. They ended up tying the game and then scoring two more goals on us to win the game 4 - 2. It was a fun, exciting game - a terrific end to a great season!!
Drew and I came home after his game to wait for Mikayla. He wasn't real happy when he found out she got to go to a horse farm and ride horses. I told him we would go back one day so he could have a chance to ride! Amy called not long after we got home to say that they were on the way. When they arrived, Jadyn and Mikayla and Drew and Trevyr played for awhile while Amy and I talked. It was so much fun having our friends over at our house. Neither Trevyr nor Jadyn wanted to leave, so I assured them that they could come over any time they would like!
A fun, busy Saturday for all. Now, that soccer is over, it is on to basketball!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage