Monday, December 31, 2007

Time for a Change

Every so often I (like most people I guess) start thinking I need a change in the hair department. I had been thinking about what I wanted for a few weeks, but when Mikayla got a doll from one of her cousins for Christmas that had pretty red hair with purple highlights I knew that's what I wanted. Well, not really purple!! Instead, I decided to go red with blond highlights. When I got to my mom's shop for her to work her magic, I decided that I also wanted to go more drastic with the cut. When I had originally talked to mom about doing my hair, I told her I wanted the ends cut (about 2 inches). I decided when I got there that I wanted to donate my hair to "locks of love", a wonderful program that uses real human hair to create wigs/hair pieces for people going through chemotherapy or other health problems that cause them to lose their hair. I donated 10 inches of my hair to this wonderful program when I was pregnant with Mikayla, and decided that I wanted to do that again. I was really tired of the time it took to manage my long hair every day. This was confirmed after mom washed my hair and we worked together for about 15 to get it combed out. After she cut it she got to work on the color. I donated about half of my hair, and after 3 and a half hours, had this new "do". I (and Craig and the kids) have been very pleased with my new look, especially because it has dramatically cut the time it takes for me to get ready in the mornings!! What do you think??

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I LOVE it!!! You look great! What a terrific way to start the new year..new year, new Allison!

Happy New Year!
Melanie

Renee said...

You look great!!! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

BeccA's Buzz said...

Well, I must say, I don't exactly know what your hair looked like long. I haven't been by your blog in a long time and I wanted to get back into visiting my fave blogs and whoa was I in for a treat! As soon as your page loaded, I saw this beautiful bright shining smile and a head full of lovely hair!!! I thought, girlfriend, what did you do? You look simply radiant in that photo!

I recently cut off my hair and I considered cutting off enough for locks of love, I did. But when my hair dresser showed me how short 10 inches would be...I just couldn't do it! I feel awful and I tell you, I have heard more people talk about them doing it since I didn't...but mostly I think that's my guilty conscience.

I do love the do! It looks fantastic and I know it probably feels great too, mine did when I got it cut off a few weeks ago! I'm almost do for another trim already! :) Enjoy, you look great!!

lewister said...

Beautiful new do and yeah for you making a donation! Just wanted to mention that you might want to double-check the info on Locks of Love. They usually don't provide hair pieces for children with cancer. It's not seen as a permanent hair loss. I have more about different groups that accept hair donations on my Squidoo page on hair donation.

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage