Sunday, December 02, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

I realize Thanksgiving was more than a week ago, and I'm only just now getting to these posts - please forgive me! Thanks to all of your sweet comments congratulating me, and encouraging me to do what needs to be done around here! You all are so kind!

We spent Thanksgiving this year in Myrtle Beach. My mother-in-law lives in Ocean Lakes, and she invited us down to stay in the house beside them for Thanksgiving. Her plan, I think, was to have all of her boys (Craig and his two brothers) and Fred's daughter and son there to spend Thanksgiving with she and her husband Fred. It didn't quite work out that way, but our family, Nikki's (Fred's daughter) family, and Didge (Fred's son) were all able to go and spend Thanksgiving with them. We went down Tuesday night after dinner, and spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday there before coming home Saturday afternoon. The weather was very nice Wednesday and Thursday and Drew and Mikayla were even able to stick their feet (or their whole bodies as you can tell from the pictures) in the ocean. It cooled off a lot on Friday and Saturday, but it didn't stop us from "doing" at all.

Drew and Mikayla LOVED the ocean. Mikayla was a little slow to get in when we went this summer, but this time she went straight in just as Drew did. By the way we encouraged Drew to wear his shorts down to the ocean Wednesday morning but he put on jeans with his hiking boots. We even asked him once we got to the ocean if he wanted to go back to the house to put some shorts on, and he didn't. Oh well, I've learned not to sweat the small stuff. It was warm out, but that water was COLD. They didn't mind it at all - Mikayla even said "mommy, put your feet it, it ain't cold". to which I did and when I screamed because it was so cold, she said "I tricked you, I tricked you". Silly, silly boy and girl!

We had a lot of fun looking for things in the sand while we were there. Drew found a live baby hermit crab, Mikayla found some pretty shells, and Craig found a live star fish. Craig showed the star fish to Drew and Mikayla - I love Drew's face in this picture! All I found exciting were some pieces of sand dollars - they found all the good stuff!
Mikayla and Drew show that they are not afraid to hold a "wiggling" star fish.

Wednesday night, Craig's mom kept the kids so Craig and I could go to The Carolina Opry. We took the kids to the Dixie Stampede a couple of years ago when we went down, but Craig had never been to The Carolina Opry. I LOVE all theatres - dinner or not. Our anniversary is December 29th, and we normally don't do anything to celebrate on our own, so we did while we were at the beach. We experienced their annual Christmas show, and it was very nice - I have seen it several times as we used to go at least once a year when my family lived at the beach while my brother, sister, and I were younger. Craig thoroughly enjoyed it as well. I encourage all of you to take in this show if you are ever at Myrtle Beach. You will not be sorry!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Sounds like you all had such a great holiday full of family and fun! The beach looks beautiful and your pictures are great!

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage