Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Fun at the Zoo!

Sunday night, we took the kids to Hollywild Zoo for the zoo's annual light display. This is a tradition Craig and I started before the kids were born (I am a kid at heart when it comes to Christmas), and we have continued this every year with them. It is not uncommon for our family to visit more than once a year. We all love it and we always have so much fun. There were a few changes/additions to this year's light display that we were especially pleased with.

Drew and Mikayla were all bundled up because we rode in the back of the truck as daddy drove slowly through the park. In years past, we've taken the van and slid the doors open as we rode through the park. This was the first year Craig had his big truck, and it was nice to enjoy the park riding in the back. Just so you know, you travel in a line of cars through the park (with lights off so as not to take away from the many light displays) so you are driving slow at all times.

Drew and Mikayla not only had a chance to feed deer, but they had a chance to hand-feed a donkey, horse, zebra, etc. Some of these animals are famous as they appear in commercials, movies, etc. Hence the name Hollywild.

They also have an area set up where you can park and get out of your car to enjoy a petting area, bon fire (complete with roasted marshmallow, hot dogs, hot chocolate, cider, etc.), inflatables, etc. Drew and Mikayla found this little guy (or girl perhaps) wandering around outside a cage.

Drew and Mikayla try to make their most fierce "lion faces" before we got back in the truck to tour the rest of the park! Even with these "fierce lion faces" they are still just precious in my eyes!!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Those "lion faces" by your kids are just too adorable! This sounds like such fun ~ what a great holiday tradition!

Misty DawnS said...

Oh my gosh - that looks like SO much fun! I would LOVE to feed the zebra - how cool!

Anonymous said...

that looks like so much fun!! I love those adorable little faces :)

BeccA's Buzz said...

Hey girl! I haven't been by your blog in forever!!! Sorry about that...I haven't even really been on my blog either though :)

I hope all is well over your way and I hope to be getting back into my blogging, it's just so hard to keep up with considering everything else we all have going on right now. Take care and if I don't talk to you before then, have a very merry CHRISTmas!!!!!

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage