Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy??

As you might have guessed from the title (and if that didn't give it away, I'm sure the above picture did) my little boy lost his first tooth today! Drew started asking about his teeth falling out when he was four. At that time, he was a little nervous about it hurting, bleeding, etc. Since then, he has become more and more impatient wondering if he would ever have a loose tooth like his friends (a July birthday makes him one of the youngest in his class). So you can probably imagine his excitement when, at his last dental appointment in January, our dental hygienist told him he had a tooth that was a little (I couldn't even tell) loose! Since then we have watched him wiggle (wiggle, and wiggle some more) that tooth, and have watched the tooth become looser and looser. We knew it wouldn't be much longer, but he wouldn't let any of us pull it. Since March, he has been wiggling the tooth beside this one as it has become loose as well. We even kidded him that he couldn't loose all his teeth at one time because he would have to go back to eating baby food.

This afternoon, Drew was walking around our living room wiggling that tooth while I was resting in the recliner (I stayed up until 3 am finishing a book I started Thursday night), and Craig and Mikayla were watching TV. He walked over to his daddy and said "look daddy" to which Craig responded "what is that?". Drew said "MY TOOTH". Craig was pretty amazed that Drew had wiggled that tooth until he had "pulled" it himself. Imagine my surprise when Drew woke me up with a smile that was missing a tooth! Every time Mikayla saw the tooth or Drew's smile without it she would get a terrified look on her face. She never vocalized it, but it was as if she was thinking "I don't want that to happen to me!"

Drew was super excited and had to make several phone calls announcing his exciting news. Mommy was excited, yet a little sad at the same time! Where has the time gone? It doesn't feel right that my baby has lost a tooth. It seems as if just yesterday I was holding a bald-headed, toothless infant! There's no denying it - my boy is growing up and FAST! Wouldn't it be nice if we could forever keep them little? One part of me wants that more than anything, but the other part of me can't wait to see what the future holds for my "babies".


Drew awaits a visit from the Easter Bunny, and his first visit from the Tooth Fairy!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage