Friday, October 24, 2008

Another Soccer Game

Drew gets ready to play goalie in the first quarter. Drew kicks the ball off the line - this has gotten to be one of his favorite parts of the game!
Two weeks ago, I did not have my camera with me at the soccer game, but it was probably best. We played the hardest team in the league (in my opinion), and we lost. Our guys still played incredible well together, though and we are so proud. Last week, we played a team that is similar to ours. In fact, the last time we played this team the game ended in a tie. Last week, however, they beat us by one point. Drew was goalie for 2 quarters, and I was nervous the whole time. But he loves it so who am I to keep him from doing something he loves. Especially right now, while it is only "playing goalie". This was a GREAT soccer game, played by two pretty equal teams. We had several opportunities to score and tie the game, but goals were missed by what must have been centimeters (from where I was it looked like we scored twice). Those are fun games to watch, I just wished the score had been different at the end. Again, though, we were proud by how well our guys played. It was funny to hear the assistant coach of the other team yell "YES" when the ref blew the whistle to signal the end of the game. Everyone there was holding their breaths. We have another game tomorrow, and Drew (and mama) can't wait!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage