Saturday, April 29, 2006

What fun!

On Thursday, April 20, Drew went on a field trip with Extra Edition (the after-school program at our school). They took the kids to Skate Palace. I wasn't sure about Drew going at first because he had never been skating before. We knew that the Extra Edition teachers would take care of him and since he really wanted to go, we let him go!

While he was gone on his field trip, I picked Mikayla up from daycare and took her to dance class! The whole way to dance, she kept saying "I'm going to dance with Miss Andrea". When we got there a new teacher came into the waiting room (a little room that leads into the studio) to get the children. All of the mommies that were sitting there were looking at each other with strange faces as if to say "who is that?" Ever since Mikayla has started taking dance we have only seen Miss Andrea, who is the owner of the dance company. I thought "oh no, Mikayla will not want to go in today", but to my surprise she went running right into the room just like she always does. I'm not sure if it was because she saw Miss Andrea who was in the studio, or if she wasn't bothered by someone new. The new teacher, Miss Haley, introduced herself to the mommies that were out there and they went in to start class. After the class was over, I went in to get Mikayla's tap shoes. Miss Andrea was talking with another one of the mommies, but Miss Haley started talking to me about how well Mikayla did in class. She said "you know she's the youngest one in here, but she does just as well as the other students". She also said "when we ask them to find their spots she's one of the first ones at her spot, while we help some of the others". I thanked her for her kind comments, and again let Mikayla know how proud I was of her. We are so proud of her for taking to dance the way she has and trying her best!

We left dance and headed back to the school to pick up Drew from his field trip. He was to get back to the school at 5:45 and his baseball practice started at 6. He hadn't had baseball practice in a few weeks, but since we went two weeks without a game, the coach wanted to practice some in-between. When the bus arrived back at the school, I got out to catch Drew before he went inside. When Mrs. Kimbrell, a fifth grade teacher at our school who is also involved with Extra Edition, saw me she said "I laughed at him the whole time". She said "he was all over the place". I asked her if he was good and she said he was, he was just real excited. Once I got Drew and Mrs. Kimbrell walked off to help other students find their rides, Drew pulled a sticky ball out of his pocket. I hadn't given him any extra money to spend so I asked him where he got that from. He said "from skating". I asked him how he had gotten it since mommy hadn't given him any extra money. He said "she got it for me" and pointed at Mrs. Kimbrell. I couldn't believe it. I asked Kimbrell how much I owed her and she said "for what". When I pointed to the ball she started laughing and said "I was hoping he wouldn't show you that". She never did tell me how much I owed her, but I put a couple of dollars in her box the next day with a note that said "thanks for taking care of my boy!". She spoils all those kids rotten!!

After we left the school, we raced to get Drew to practice on time. We got there right at 6, but Drew was more excited about the soccer net on the field than the actual practice. Once Craig got there, he went on the field to get Drew's attention back on the practice. Once practice was over, we went to get some supper!

Whew!! Another busy day, but what fun!! I start thinking about June when all of this will be over and I even get a little sad.

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage