Saturday, April 01, 2006

field trip, pictures, dance oh my!!

Heading out on our busy day...Mikayla ready for pictures (in her dress that Aunt Angel smocked for her - thank you Aunt Angel) and Drew ready for his field trip. (He loves this shirt that his Grandpa brought him back from Florida last year - we miss you Grandpa!!)

Thursday was a very busy day for us! Drew's 4k class went on a field trip to FENCE (Foothills Equestrian Nature Center) and I went as a chaperone! We had a fantastic time and I was able to get lots of pictures! While we were there, Mikayla was having her spring pictures made at daycare (I was hoping to have their pictures made together one last time at daycare [since Drew will be at my school all day next year]). I especially wish that Drew had been there once I saw the pictures! They are so beautiful, Mrs. Wojcik did an amazing job!! I hope to get her to take pictures of Drew and Mikayla at Hatcher Gardens when it gets a little warmer! Then when we returned from the field trip at 12:00 Miss Tonya picked Drew up from school and took him to the daycare and I went back to my class. After school, I picked up Mikayla and we headed to dance class. She is doing such an amazing job with dance. She absolutely loves it and Miss Andrea says she is doing the steps just like the older girls in the class even though she is the youngest! I can't wait for her recital! I tried to get some pictures this week, but my digital camera batteries had died from taking so many pictures during the field trip. I will for sure have pictures of her at dance class on here next week (she doesn't have class this week since it is Spring Break). I am excited about it being Spring Break but I will miss our weekly trip-just the two of us. I'm sure Mikayla will miss it as well! Then we went to get Drew and headed to his baseball practice. Since we were about 30 minutes early and the kids love playing at the park, I let them play for a little while, while we waited for the other team members to arrive. As it got closer to six o'clock and none of the other team members were arriving, I began to get a little worried about practice. I thought maybe they had cancelled it or changed the location. I knew the team mother had my email address at work, but our email had been down much of the day on Thursday and I didn't check it right before I left. I called Craig and he in turn called the coach. It wasn't but about five minutes and Craig was calling me back to tell me that we weren't going to have practice anymore, just the games on Fridays. Apparently the other moms and dads had heard this at the jamboree last Saturday (leave it to us to miss this tiny bit of important information). So then my thinking was how do I get Drew to leave here without having baseball. He didn't understand why he wasn't going to practice anymore, so I took he and Mikayla over to the practice field and practiced for a little while before we left. Then we went to daddy's work and left from there to go get something to eat for supper. Such a busy, yet exciting day for our whole family. The fun never ends!!

This field trip focused on the five senses. The children were able to use their five senses in many ways - here Drew is tasting an herb from the herb garden.

The children were able to use their sense of hearing and sight as they observed things on the nature trail - Drew looks at different things through a magnifying glass.

The children were blind-folded and given something to eat (raisins, cheerios, goldfish, sour gummie worms) and they had to guess what they were eating. Drew ate a cheerio!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage