Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring Break!!

This past week has been our Spring Break! Drew, Mikayla, and I have enjoyed our school-free week, as we always do. Drew and Miki love staying home with me, and I love spending all my time with them!! Even though we chose to stay in town during the break (vacation spots are so crowded this time of year), we have sure had fun! We have played, read, danced, sang, watched T.V, and cleaned. My sister Jennie and I treated the kids to a picnic at the park for dinner Monday night. They had so much fun eating dinner and then spent a little while on the slides and swings. Jennie, Josh, and I also treated Drew and Mikayla to a game of Putt Putt! This was so much fun! Drew has played Putt Putt before but it was Mikayla's first time! She was so funny swinging her little plastic club (I can't believe I forgot my camera!!). She was not usually close to the hole after hitting the ball the first time, she is only two remember! It didn't matter if she was close to the hole or not because for her second shot, she picked up her ball and put it right beside the hole. Way to go Mikayla...that's my kinda golf!! Drew was pretty funny as well. He went first on every hole. Nobody else was going to have their turn until he putted the ball in, even if it took him11, 14, 15, etc. chances! Luckily the place wasn't very crowded. Also, lucky for us he got most of the balls in by his 5th or 6th shot. They both got a kick out of the last hole! Drew knew what to expect (that the ball would be gone) since he had played before. Even still he liked to watch it - he even wanted to hit everyone else's balls in on the last hole! Mikayla wasn't real sure about this. She thought it was neat that it was gone, but then she wanted her ball back! She said "the ball went bye - bye, I goin get another one". We all laughed about this! We went and had lunch with daddy at work one day, and we went for ice cream another day! We also went and played with Poppi last night after dinner. We have had plenty to keep us busy!! I miss my students, but I have had a ball spending this time with my babies. Only 6 and a half weeks left in this school year once we return, and then it's summer!

Did I mention we also got some much-needed rest over the break??

Drew enjoys his ice cream from Brusters. YUM!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage