Saturday, April 15, 2006

Glitter Easter Eggs

When choosing an Easter egg dye kit for Drew and Mikayla to use this year I happened across one with glitter (one could become overwhelmed with all the choices out there). I knew that Drew and Mikayla would love to use glitter because they are always asking to use the glitter that I keep with my scrapbook stuff (for shakers and such). I wasn't sure if I would be up to the mess that is inevitable when you mix kids and glitter, but I thought "how much longer will they be wanting to dye eggs" and my mind was made up. So tonight, after they got out of the tub, it was time to dye Easter eggs to put in their baskets that they will leave for the Easter Bunny to fill. Drew and Mikayla don't know this, but Mommy and Daddy spoke with the Easter Bunny and told him that we would like for Drew and Mikayla to wake up tomorrow morning and find their first Bibles in their Easter baskets. They have several of the Bible story books, but we think it is time for them to have the complete Bible. I'm sure they will have a little candy in their baskets as well, but they just do not need a lot of sweets (and they certainly don't need any more toys). What better way to teach the true reason for Easter, than have them read about it (with help of course) from their own Bibles that they received Easter morning! I can't wait to see their faces!! Drew adds glitter to one of his eggs with the help of Daddy!Sweet brother and sister helping each other!

Finished product!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage