Saturday, February 25, 2006

Drew's first day of gymnastics

After a lot of pleading from Drew, we finally gave in and let him take gymnastics. They offer it at the daycare he and Mikayla attend. The kids can attend one class a week for 25 dollars a month. It wasn't that it was too expensive, because we honestly felt that the price was very reasonable. Craig just didn't want his little boy taking gymnastics. He thinks of that as a girl sport - I know such a stereotype. Anyway, like I said after much pleading Drew is now taking lessons. It helped his case a little that he was the only one out of his class not taking. I just didn't have the heart to say no after I found that out. When they first started lessons, there were about four children including Drew not taking. That wasn't that bad because I knew they would have something to do (together) while gymnastics was going on. His teacher let them write/draw and use stickers while the class was going on since the gymnastics class takes place in their classroom. Drew asked Monday "mom will you write a check so I can take gymnastics". I said why Drew, he said "everybody else goes". So I went on to ask him what he did while they were in gymnastics - his response - "I sit and watch". Well, as you can probably imagine, that was all it took. As soon as I got to daycare that morning, I asked his teacher if he was the only one not taking gymnastics now and she said yes. So Craig really didn't have a choice, his little boy is now taking gymnastics! :) My daddy says "aw Alison, all they are really doing at this age is tumbling and flips and things". I think that makes it a little easier for Craig to swallow. This is the same man - who - when Drew was little didn't even like him to wear baby blue because it looked too girly! He liked him in little jeans and shirts. Hopefully I will have pictures of him in gymnastics soon to post! So, here are all of our extra-curricular activities as it stands now: Drew - baseball and gymnastics; Mikayla - dance and computer classes! They sure keep us busy!!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage