Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mikayla's second dance class!

This afternoon Mikayla had her second dance class. If you will remember from an earlier post, the first class didn't go as well as I had hoped in that Mikayla cried much of the time. Today, I was pleasantly surprised. She still didn't go running in the room by herself like the other girls, but she wasn't clinging to my legs either! In fact, she went straight to Mrs. Andrea and I was able to head out in the waiting room. That was the only time she cried through the entire one hour class. I was peeking in on her at first to see what she was doing. I knew she was okay because I didn't hear any crying. She was standing with her thumb in her mouth (something new she just picked up from another little girl at daycare about two weeks ago...mommy is not real happy) watching all the other little girls dance. At first I was a little dissapointed that she wasn't participating. Then I thought, this is only her second class and the fact that she is not crying is such an improvement from last week!! About halfway through the class, I got up to peek again. This time, to my surprise, she was doing everything that Mrs. Andrea and the other little girls were doing. I was so captivated, I ended up watching the whole second half of the class! I was so proud of her...I just wanted to run in there, scoop her up, and tell her so!! I refrained, but when that class was over she sure knew that Mrs. Andrea and I were proud of her! This leaves me excitedly looking forward to next week's class!!

Mikayla crawls through the tunnel at the park while we wait for Drew's baseball practice to begin. Since we went straight from dance class to get Drew and then to his practice, she still has on her dance clothes! I hope to have some pictures of her dancing soon!!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage