Friday, March 17, 2006

Main Event

Drew participated in our school's Main Event today! Our wonderful PTA brings in inflatable slides, moon walks, a rock wall, etc. each year to reward our students for participating in the fall fundraiser! Each grade level is scheduled a time during the day to go out and enjoy these activities and listen to music! This is the Main Event. Since this is Drew's first year at my school, this is the first year he has participated in it! His class was scheduled to go at the same time as my class. When he got out there he didn't even see me, he was too focused on all that was around him! His class went to the rock wall first because that's where most of the students wanted to go. (In 4k the teachers stay with them and move them from activity to activity.) While Drew was waiting in line, he spotted me and hollered for me. I walked over to the rock wall as some of my students were also in line to take a turn (In 5k, we let the students move freely between the different activities since there are PTA volunteers at each one giving directions and maintaining safety. We walk around to monitor our students at each one.) Drew wanted me to wait and watch him have a turn on the rock wall. I wish I had taken my camera. He waited the whole time in line and when he got the harness on and it was his turn he said, "I don't want to do this." I told him he could try and just go as high as he could. He decided to try and he got about 2 feet off the ground before he gave up and let go to slide down to "safety"! Teachers have just as much fun watching the students do each activity as the students have participating in them! I got to see Drew participate in a couple of the other activities as well. All of the students seemed to enjoy themselves and Drew was no different. He talked about the "Main Event" all the way home from school!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage