Saturday, February 11, 2006

Frankie's Fun Park

Drew got to go to Frankie's Fun Park on Friday with other boys and girls from our school who had sold 250 dollars or more of our school's fall fundraiser. Since the closest Frankie's is in Greenville, I asked my sister to go as a chaperone. No way was I letting my little four year old ride a school bus to Greenville by himself. (Okay, okay, I know that there were plenty of PTA members chaperoning and also a lot of other parents, and I trust them and the bus driver, but still...) Since they were leaving at 1:30 and my students do not get out until 2:10, I asked Jennie to go. My administration is wonderful and if Jennie couldn't have gone, I know they would have let me go but I was glad she was able to go. I had already scheduled an appointment to pick up pictures at a time I would have been on the trip when I found out the date. Of course if it came down to it, those of you who know me know I would have been right there with Drew. So, Jennie went and she and Drew seemed to have a ball. Drew ate a hot dog, played games with tokens, and played miniature golf (Jennie has pictures but they are on her phone right now)! He loved this because he was able to tell his Poppie that he played "golf". While they were gone, Mikayla and I went to pick up Valentine gifts for all of their teachers. Between the two of them, we bought for 10 teachers. That's between daycare, "big school", and our school's aftercare program that Drew attends for a little while after school (it helps me get some needed work done). Then, we picked up our pictures and was back to get Drew from Mimi and Poppi's house. Jennie had taken him there when they left the school, which was nice because he wanted to tell Poppi and Mimi all about his "trip".

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage