Tuesday, December 20, 2005

YEAH VACATION!!!

Today was our last day of school until after the holidays! Don't get me wrong, I love teaching, but I also love spending this time with my family every year!

Yesterday was Polar Express Day, where the teachers and students could wear their pajamas to school. We watched the movie and had hot chocolate. We also tried to catch up on some things that we were not able to do last week thanks to the ice storm of 2005! It was Drew's last day of school until after the break, so he also had his Christmas party. The day went by so quickly!

Today, we only had a half day (students dismissed at 11:00, we were able to leave at 11:30)! At 8:30, we watched our 4th grade Chirstmas program. We were also trying to organize all that the students had to take home. At 9:45 our party started, and then the children were dismissed at 11:00! Today also went by quickly.

I went to Drew and Mikayla's preschool after I left my school! They were both having their Christmas parties today. I was glad they chose today for their parties, because Drew and Mikayla will stay home with me for the next 2 weeks!! Can you tell I'm excited? When I got there, Drew and his class were playing a game of pin the star on the Christmas tree (a take-off from pin the tail on the donkey). Craig came in just as they were finishing this game up. Then, they were able to exchange their gifts. Boys brought boy presents, girls brought girl presents. Then the children drew numbers to see which gift they would receive. Drew got to bring home a big monster truck, a book about a racing car, and a Spiderman sticker book. He was very pleased. Then, they were able to open their gifts from "Mrs. Nana Gale" (the owner of their daycare). Drew was very tickled with this gift as well and ran over to give "Mrs. Nana Gale" a hug and told her thank you!

Then, Craig and I walked over to Mikayla's building to see how her party was going. She was already eating when we got over there. Of course when she saw us, she was finished eating, and came running to us. Her teacher packed up what was left on her plate for her to bring home. We had to get her gift from "Nana Gale" out of her cubby for her to open. She was thrilled when she found a puzzle! So Mikayla, Craig, and I went back to Drew's building to see if he was ready. Mikayla also had to tell "Nana Gale" thank you for her puzzle. Drew's class was just beginning to eat when we got back over there, so I grabbed some bags of food and helped pass it out. After Drew finished his plate, we wished everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and we left to come home.

My only regret...not having my digital camera to take pictures of all of this!!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage