Friday, December 09, 2005

Visiting Santa!!

As soon as we got home from school today, we began to get ready to go see Santa. It was our first trip this year with both Drew and Mikayla!

Mikayla got to see Santa at the mall while we were in Florida. Since just Mikayla, Juanita, and I were there, I did not want to have her picture taken. I just wanted to see if she would sit with him. She had been saying that she was not going to! The ladies there were so nice, they said if she did sit with him, I could take a picture with my digital. She did really well at first, she even started to walk towards him. She took just a few steps, then turned and came bounding back to me. She was able to talk to him though, and she gave him "five".

Drew got to sit with Santa a couple of weeks ago at our school, as he comes every year to take pictures with our students! Drew did have his picture taken, but before we bought those I wanted to see if I could get a picture of them both with Santa (since we haven't been able to get one with both of them because one or the other wouldn't participate). I wasn't sure if I would get one this year, but I sure was hoping!!

This was before we left for the mall. Mikayla and Drew looked so adorable, I had to take their picture in front of our Christmas tree!

We got to the mall about 5:30, and found out that Santa was eating dinner and would not return until 6. So while we waited, we decided to do some shopping. I was so glad we did because we found little Belle (our neice) a precious Christmas present! When we returned to Santa's "wonderland", there was a line. Good news...they have all sorts of pretty things to look at while you wait! As we got closer we were even able to see Santa! Mikayla would yell "hey Santa", and Drew would wave to him. The whole time we were in line, we kept asking her "are you going to sit with Santa and take a picture?". She kept saying "yes". One time while trying to encourage her I said, "Santa won't hurt you" and she replied "he won't bite" like she was trying to convince me! My children are sooo funny!! When we were two families back, Mikayla really started yelling "hey Santa", and we had to explain to her that he was visiting with those two little girls then but that it would soon be our turn. We were just glad that she was so excited! Drew was busy looking at a BIG Thomas the Tank Engine model that was there. Then, when the family right in front of us was visiting with Santa, Mikayla's face changed. She did not have the excited look anymore, and I was afraid that I wasn't going to get a picture with both of them this year either. So when it was our turn, I asked Drew to climb up in Santa's lap first. He had been acting like a big boy the whole time! He knew he was going to sit in Santa's lap, and he knew exactly what he was going to ask him for!! I thought that this might help Mikayla see that Santa was okay. Well it must have worked because as soon as Drew was in his lap, I put Mikayla down and she was fine! YEAH!!!!! I finally have a picture of both of my angels with Santa!

Mikayla and Drew with Santa, 2005!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage