Thursday, December 01, 2005

Character Dress-Up Day!


Today, we had character dress-up day. The students and teachers could dress-up as their favorite book characters. At first Drew wanted to dress-up as the red Power Ranger. If you have been reading my blog, you know that's what he was for Halloween! I tried to discourage that because we do not have any Power Ranger books, plus, I wanted his costume to be one that he would be comfortable in all day - even at preschool this morning. So, he decided that he wanted to dress-up as Clifford. This sounded like a good choice to me because it was something I thought I could handle. I'm by no means a seamstress, but I thought surely I can sew a tail on a red jogging suit. I knew a way to make the ears - thanks to teaching kindergarten. We are always making hats using sentence strips as bands around the head, so I thought I would use the same concept for "Clifford's" ears. Instead of stapling a hat piece to it, I would staple ears to the side. I brought home a sentence strip and Craig colored it red. Then, I began working to sew a tail. While sewing, I had an idea to use some of the fabric that left to cover the top of the hat so Drew's blonde hair wouldn't show. Craig handled that while I finished the tail. This morning when Drew got up, he was surprised to see his complete Clifford costume.

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage