Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mikayla "reading"!

Mikayla loves reading!! She loves for people to read to her, and she loves to "read". Tonight, while in the kitchen fixing dinner, I began hearing a sweet little voice say "2 little monkeys jumping on the bed, mommy called the doctor, he fell off and bumped his head". I kept listening as our little Mikayla was treating us to the song (I thought) of 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. It wasn't long after she started that Craig called me into the living room. When I went around the corner, I was surprised to see her "reading" the story of 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. She had picked up a book with a monkey that squeaks on the front cover, and started reading. Even though this book was not the story of the monkeys jumping on the bed (and it was out of order a little), we were sooo proud. At just over 2 years old, she picked up a book that has a monkey on the front, and without any prompting from anyone else, she began "reading"! I didn't have my digital handy (sorry, no picture), but I did grab the video camera. How cute it will be to look back on this and see our little baby "reading"!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage