Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Pleasantly surprised!



Well PTA/Open House went really well last night! Better than we expected actually. Since Drew does not have a nap anymore, he gets really tired in the evenings. We thought that this would not combine well with a PTA meeting, but we were pleasantly surprised! Drew sat and listened, and Mikayla was a good listener as well during the meeting. When they dismissed the teachers to their classrooms, Mikayla had a hard time. She started crying mommy, mommy, mommy. Craig said that everyone was looking at them. It was not long before the chorus started singing, and she calmed down. She loves music. Craig took Drew and Mikayla to Drew's classroom and visited just a few minutes and then he brought them to my classroom. Since I was still visiting with parents, he had to find ways to keep them busy - so to speak! They did a really good job of listening, and I was so proud of them! I know that it is hard for Drew and Mikayla to share me with my students (they are at the age where it is "my mommy"), but they were very respectful as I visited with them and their families!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Alison, thanks for your comment on my blog. Guess Ruth Ann gave you the address. I've emailed your blog address to my mom so she can see your sweet Mikayla. Hope you are having a wonderful school year!
Kim

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage