Monday, June 07, 2010

Black Bear Jamboree!!

On Saturday, June 20, 2009, our family went to the Black Bear Jamboree dinner show while in the Great Smoky Mountains!! When we purchased the tickets by phone they asked if we were willing to share our table in order to get better seats. I said yes, but never expected to be sitting at a table right against the stage. When we were seated on Saturday night, Drew and Mikayla were very excited!! At first they were both sitting on one side of the table so that Craig and I could sit beside each other. After taking this picture, I switched seats with Mikayla so that both she and Drew could sit right against the stage. As soon as you are seated, the fantastic wait staff begins to bring you your meal. This delicious meal consists of:
Southern Style Chicken
Hickory Pit Barbeque Ribs
Buttery Corn on the Cob
Farm Fresh Vegetables
Seasoned Potatoes
Oven Baked Bread
Rich Creamy Soup
Signature Dessert
Unlimited Coke, Tea or Coffee

You can tell by their faces that Daddy and Mikayla are enjoying their soup!!Drew and I take a break from eating to pose for a picture!As you continue to enjoy your dinner, the All-Star band comes out to play a few songs. Here the MC and the drummer pose for a picture. It's hard to tell from this picture, but the drummer is actually spinning his stick for this picture.During the preshow, they also invite all of the kids to come up onto the stage to sing and dance. The musicians play and sing (with the kids' help) If You're Happy and You Know it...

Drew decided that this was something he wanted to do, but we couldn't talk Mikayla into joining him. She was a little upset when she found out later that we would be purchasing a DVD of this very show. She said "I won't get to be on TV". LOL After that, it is time for the show to begin. The MC/"producer" of the show comes out on stage with "Dexter", his assistant. These two are wonderful in their roles and they kept us laughing during the whole show. The "producer" at one point even came over and help his leg up to me and Drew (as he was singing "Jailhouse Rock") and said "hey pretty lady, how 'bout help a king out and rub my leg?" Then he said "thank ya, thank ya very much!"

Dexter in one of his "moments". He was our family's favorite character. That doesn't really surprise me though, especially after he came over to our table. Periodically during the show, he ventures into the audience to "romance the ladies". One time when he stepped off the stage, Craig says to me "he's coming over here". I replied with "no way" and turn around to find him standing beside me with his arm around my shoulder. Drew, who was sitting beside me, could do nothing but crack up laughing. He said "hey good lookin', where are you from". My mind was racing as I tried to figure out just what he wanted me to say - South Carolina or Tennessee (since that is, in fact, where we were). I finally answered truthfully with "South Carolina" to which he replied "oh I just knew you were from Tennessee cause you're the only 10 I see". He goes on with "or Texas (as he fluffs my hair) cause you know everything's bigger in Texas. You know what they say, the bigger the hair, the closer you are to Jesus - precious". Our whole table, as well as the whole place is laughing and I'm sure my face is RED. I said to Drew after he walked away "Why didn't you help me?" He replied, "I couldn't do nothing, mom".One of the dancers/singers in the cast of the show.Another singer, who after the fact, I think has a striking resemblance to "Dexter". Jimmy Bryant, "the producer" and "Dexter" sing Sonny and Cher's I've Got You, Babe!Dexter would do anything to be "part of the show"!!
At the end, he gets his big break! He stuns the audience with his rendition of I Can Only Imagine!!
Our family had a wonderful night full of a delicious meal and a terrific show!! This is one show that our family will be seeing again and again, I'm sure! We recommend this show to anyone in Pigeon Forge, TN!!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage