Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Tea!


The mothers in Mikayla's class at my school were invited into their classroom for a Mother's Tea on Friday. Mikayla met me in the hall and walked me into the classroom to show me where to sit. Mikayla and all of the other children stood to sing a song (Thank you Mother) that they had learned for us! Then they sat back down so we could all watch a slide show of pictures that had been taken all throughout this year - the teachers had set them to music. I started crying as soon as the song "Your Gonna Miss This" came on and didn't stop as the next song to play was "I Hope You Dance". Luckily I wasn't the only mommy in there wiping their tears away! After we enjoyed the slide show we enjoyed some snacks and tea with our children. Then after taking a photo with Mikayla I had to get back to my classroom. In the picture above Mikayla poses with some of her friends from school at the end of the tea! I had so much fun spending some time in her classroom. Ohhhh I almost forgot - Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Hayes had the students answer some questions about their mommies. One of the sentences was "My mommy is ______ years old." I was so afraid that Mikayla would say I was 88, but she didn't.
My Mommy
She is 28 years old.
Her favorite color is purple.
She likes to eat shrimp.
She likes to bowl.
As you can see my Mikayla knows me pretty well as all of those are correct!!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage