Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Hannah Montana!!

Last night was kids night at our local Pizza Inn and they were scheduled to have Hannah Montana and her best friend (side kick) Lola there signing autographs and singing! When Drew and Mikayla found this out there was no turning back - they LOVE Hannah Montana. Drew asked if Robbie Ray would be there (those that have watched know that this is actually Billy Ray, Miley Cyrus' dad). Drew (who only knows him as "Robbie Ray") said "I'm his biggest fan". We arrived at Pizza Inn early to beat the crowd. We also wanted to have time to eat so that as soon as they had a chance to see (and take pictures with) the star of the night we would be ready to go. Not wanting to upset Mikayla, we did not mention that this would be a "dressed up" Hannah Montana, not the "real one". When Hannah and Lola finally arrived, Mikayla was too bashful to go up and see them. I went into the little game room to let Drew know that they were here and that I needed him to go with Mikayla to get their picture taken he says "SHE"S FAKE", obviously not happy about this. I got so tickled, I wasn't sure how to respond. I said "Mikayla doesn't know she is, so will you please go with your sister?" He wouldn't, but as you can see from the pictures, Mikayla warmed up to the idea and went by herself!! She said in the van on the way home that it was a fake Hannah Montana, but it didn't seem to bother her as much as it bothered her brother. She still had fun!!

Mikayla poses with Hannah Montana and Lola!

Drew plays the video games - he would not come out of the game room to see the characters. Don't let this smile fool you - he was extremely upset that THEY'RE FAKE!!!

Mikayla sits with the "stars" to have a photo taken! My kids LOVE Hannah Montana - I guess the next time she comes near here we will be getting tickets...

It was so fun to see their reaction to this - I couldn't get over Drew!! When we got home he said "mom, I wanted to sing". I said "Drew I tried to get you to go up there". Maybe next time...

2 comments:

Renee said...

Just stopping by to say "hi". Great pictures of your kids! Happy Mother's Day!

Renee said...

Sounds like you all had fun. Just stopping by to say "hi" after a bit of a break from blogging. Have a great Mother's Day!

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage