Monday, November 19, 2007

Give Me Five!


My friend BeccA at BeccA's Buzz has started the Give Me Five meme. Each Monday she gives us a topic where we list 5 things/thoughts about that topic. Please click on the link above if you'd like to join in on the fun! This weeks' topic: Give Me Five things you like and/or dislike about your birthday.
1. I like that my birthday is in the summer! I've had many outdoor birthday parties as well as swim parties as a child! I think outside parties are the best
2. I dislike that my birthday is in the summer! Now, some of you are saying "what?", but let me explain. As a child, when your birthday is in the summer it is hard to invite friends from school to your party because of summer break. Both of my children will have this as well as both of their birthdays are in the summer.
3. I like cake - more importantly whatever kind of cake I choose. Sometimes it's a cake from a local bakery, other times it's a cake my mom has made for me! Wonderful!
4. I like to hear my children sing "Happy Birthday" to me! So sweet to hear their sweet little voices sing - all for me!
5. I like that I get to choose what to have for my birthday dinner - a family tradition. Sometimes I choose one of my favorite restaurants, sometimes I choose one of my favorites from my mom's kitchen. My choice is what I like most!
There ya have it - most things about my birthday I love!

6 comments:

Renee said...

What a great meme! My favorite from your list...#4- hearing your kids sing happy birthday to you!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Theresa said...

I right there with you on the cake and chosing my dinner.

BeccA's Buzz said...

Yes, great GM5 answers this week, Alison! I know what you mean about the downsides of timing for birthdays...

By the way, I was tagged for a '7 Random things about me' meme so I passed a tag on to you, come see!
BeccA

Misty DawnS said...

I always loved having outdoor birthday parties too :-)

Anonymous said...

Very fun! Also, I tagged you for a meme!

Renee said...

Just stopping by to say "Hi". Hope y'all are having a great week!

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage