Thursday, November 01, 2007

"Carving" Pumpkins



Drew, Mikayla, and I left school a little early (I used an early leave pass) yesterday to come home and get ready for Halloween! They still had to carve their pumpkins so we wanted to do that before getting costumes on. Mimi, and Jennie had gotten them some little "pie pumpkins" so they didn't take that long. Poppi also found this neat little kit where the kids didn't actually have to "carve" the pumpkins. Instead, they could push these clear pieces (looked like golf tees) in the pumpkin following a pattern, and when they put the light inside it would make the "pegs" light up. Drew and Mikayla had a ball doing this - I think because they could do most of it by themselves! I was made at myself for not getting a picture of the finished product (we keep them at my parents' house because we don't have trick-or-treaters at our house), but they sure turned out cute!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Great pictures! My kids love carving pumpkins too. Glad to hear you all had a wonderful Halloween.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

BeccA's Buzz said...

Aw, I wish I could have seen them. They sound so cute! Don't beat yourself up girl...There's always next year!!!

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage