Friday, January 06, 2006

What a day!!

Today was our Thunderbash at school. For this activity our PTA brings in inflatable slides, bounce houses, and obstacle courses and they play music and throw a "bash" for the children who sale a certain amount of fundraising items.

Since Drew met the goal of at least $70, he was invited to the Thunderbash! The problem...the Thunderbash was scheduled from 9:00-10:00 and Drew doesn't get to my school until 11:15. So, during my planning period, I was able to leave and bring him to the school just in time for the Thunderbash. Once we got to the gym, he wanted me to stay with him. I figured this was probably because there were no other 4 year olds in there. I explained to him that I had to go get my children from activity and that he would be okay. I introduced him to one of our PTA ladies and told him that when he finished "playing" she would take him to Mrs. Brown's room. He understood and didn't seem to be as nervous about being left there. So, I left the gym and went back to my classroom. I heard from one of the PTA ladies that he kept saying "I want my mommy", but that he had fun once he got used to it.

After the Thunderbash, he was able to stay at school and have lunch with me. Normally he eats lunch at daycare before they bring him to school, so this was new for him! When our class got to the cafeteria, Drew was already going through the line with Mrs. Hayes. Lucky for him one of the choices today was hot dogs, his favorite! Kindergarten teachers had duty-free lunch today so once I got my class seated, I fixed my water and joined Drew at his table. It was really neat to sit with him and talk while he ate his first "big school" lunch. What happened to my baby? Time sure does fly!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage