Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Spending the morning with Mimi and Jennie...

I made myself a dental appointment for today. I went to a dentist that I had never been to before that my Aunt Laura recommended. The reason - I needed to make Drew his first dental appointment and I wanted a dentist who would let me go back in the room with him. My aunt said that Dr. Nasim lets her go back with her granddaughter Lauren and he lets all the other parents go back with their children. This is very important to me because I was not going to send my 4 year old back to a room with people he did not know to have his teeth cleaned. Before I took Drew to see him, I wanted to see him myself to get a feel of his personality. So, today I went to Dr. Nasim's office for a cleaning. Everyone in his office was exceptionally friendly, from the office staff, to the dental assistants, to the dentist himself! I was so impressed that I made Drew's appointment before I left the office. Drew goes for his first ever dental appointment next Tuesday! We are very excited about this! He knew that I was going to the dentist today, so when I told him that he would be going next Tuesday he was pretty happy. We have already begun talking about what they will do so that he will have an idea about what to expect.

While I was at the dentist this morning, Drew and Mikayla got to spend some time at Mimi and Poppi's with Mimi and Aunt Jennie (Poppi was playing golf with the "Tuesday crowd"). They could have gone to daycare, but I didn't want to take them back early. Since my mom is off on Tuesdays, she graciously agreed to keep them for me! They seemed to have a ball with Mimi and Jennie for when I returned to get them, neither wanted to leave. Drew had toys spread all over his Mimi's living room and wanted to play "a little bit longer". Mikayla was busy playing with her Aunt Jennie and showed no signs of being ready to leave either. So, since they were not ready to leave, I decided that I would go get us all lunch plates from Delightful Dishes. My mom had never eaten from there before and Jennie and I wanted her to try it. So, I called in our lunch order and then headed over to Inman to pick it up. When I returned, Drew was still playing with his tank and school bus in Mimi's floor and Mikayla met me at the door. Mimi had fixed them grilled cheese sandwiches (which they had both eaten a good amount of), but when they saw that I had brought food, they both got to the table. I had ordered them a "Turkey in a Straw" (turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo in a wheat pita) to share. Mom, Jennie, and I had all ordered salad plates. We sat down to a great lunch together! After, I could tell that it was time for Drew and Mikayla to have a nap. They were whinny and were aggravating each other a great deal. Drew and Mikayla picked up the toys and we loaded up to head for our house. I am glad that they were able to spend some time with their Mimi and Jennie during their break, and I know Drew and Mikayla feel the same way!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

AWWW..my niece and nephew are precious MOST of the time!!!! Got to love them to death!!!!!

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage