Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Atlantic Ocean!

Back at the end of April (the 24th to be exact), Craig called me at school on a Friday to ask what I thought about going to the beach for the weekend. I was so surprised and excited!! It meant so much that he had taken the time to find us a hotel room and plan a trip for our family!! I replied with "I'd love to go to the beach this weekend!!" I knew that I would need to leave school early to come home and pack - we were planning to leave as soon as Mikayla got out of dance class that afternoon. When I picked Drew and Mikayla up for school, they were just as surprised as I had been to find out we were going to the beach. They couldn't wait!! We came home to pack bags, then Craig and Drew loaded up the truck while Mikayla and I went to dance. We arrived at the beach Friday night and went straight to our hotel room to unpack and then went to get some things from Walmart (imagine that) and then back to walk around the resort some.
Saturday morning, we got up bright and early and walked down to the Springmaid Pier. While we were there, a man was getting ready to release a small shark that he had caught. Before he released it, he let Drew "pet" it, but Mikayla kept her distance.After walking on the pier, Drew and Mikayla wanted to go down and get in the water. We were afraid it might be too cold to swim. The water was very cold, but that didn't stop them. They both couldn't wait to get in the waves!

We could see these two sailboats enjoying the day on Saturday afternoon. These pictures were taken from our balcony.
Drew and Mikayla get back in the water Saturday evening while we were visiting Nana at Ocean Lakes. They love the beach, and can't wait until we go back for Halloween! I have to admit mama is excited too!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage