Monday, February 18, 2008

SC Teacher Forum Winter Workshop

Last Wednesday morning I left Spartanburg headed to Myrtle Beach for the 2008 SC Teacher Forum Winter Workshop. The SC Teacher Forum is made up of current Teachers of the Year from every district in South Carolina.

After beginning the day upset over leaving my babies (I have never spent more than one night away from Drew and Mikayla at a time.), I ended up having an incredible time at the beach. It was so relaxing to lay on my bed at the hotel with the balcony door propped open (don't worry, I was on the fifth floor) and look out at the beautiful ocean!! I spent Wednesday afternoon doing just this (although I listened more than I watched as I had a new book in hand) until our first session at 6:00.

We were in large group and small group sessions for most of the time while there with breakfast and lunch in the Marlin (restaurant located at the hotel/conference center). It was wonderful really getting to know these other fine teachers who give their all to the students of South Carolina every day! I made many connections, and plan to keep in touch with many of them! It was so humbling to be in a room full of people just as passionate about education as I! This is something that I'll never forget!

View of the hotel from my balcony.Child-sized wooden chair that one of our parents at the school painted for me to take. We had a silent auction to raise money for Teacher Cadet Scholarships, and the winning bid on this chair was $75!

View of the sunset over the ocean from my balcony! Looking at this beautiful picture sure makes me wish I was still there!!Dr. Jim Rex, State Superintendent of Education was there to congratulate us and offer his support!
6 of the 7 District Teachers of the year from Spartanburg County. I love these girls!!

3 comments:

trish said...

I went with my friend and her mom to this... we had a blast but of course she went to all of the sessions while we went and PICKED UP BOYYS!!!! hahaha.. hope you enjoyed it.. you got some GREAT pictures!! I LOVE the sunset over the beach.. beautiful!! :) I can't wait to we go to the beach this spring break!!

Renee said...

Great pictures! I loved the sunset over the beach. Glad you had such a wonderful time!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Congrats Alison. Those pics are amazing and that place looks so beautiful. Look how happy you look! I just love it!!

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage