Monday, February 11, 2008

Chamber of Commerce Meeting

Tonight I, along with the teachers of the year from the other Spartanburg districts were honored at the annual Spartanburg Chamber of Commerce meeting at the Marriot Hotel. Craig and I arrived at the Marriot early (in order to find a parking spot) and went in to get our tickets. I was suprised to find a HUGE banquet room filled to the max with tables. My mom's friend works there and she said they set over 900 places. WOW - I was thinking it would be a small function. I guess I should have known better with all of the businesses in Spartanburg! We enjoyed a very nice dinner of Filet Mignon and crab cakes with sides. The other teachers of the year and I stood after our pictures were presented on two big screens at the front and our names were announced! We then enjoyed the rest of the meeting. It was nice to see these ladies again (I met most of them at our forum meeting in November)! I am sooo looking forward to spending the end of the week with all of these fine educators as we all attend Winter Workshop in Myrtle Beach!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again and have fun this weekend!

trish said...

girl you need to updateee!!!!! :) :)

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage