Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Timothy!

Last Saturday (after Drew and Mikayla's games), Mikayla and I attended Timothy's birthday party at a local fire department. I had no idea that you could rent the fire department for a birthday party, yet we had so much fun we are thinking of having Mikayla's party there this year!
I knew the direction and general area of the fire department (I knew if I had gone too far), but having never been there I was afraid I would miss it. There was no danger in that as you could hear the alarm sounding from miles away. When we pulled in the parking lot, Mikayla's hands immediately went to her ears and she started crying she didn't want to stay. We park, and I get her into the station as quickly as possible, as by this time I'm thinking it will damage her (and mine) ears.
When we got inside Mikayla and I had a nice (and loud) conversation about the alarm.
Mikayla: Mommy why is it doing that?
Me: Mikayla, I'm not sure. Maybe the firefighters had a call about a fire, or maybe they are welcoming us to Timothy's party.
Timothy's Grandma: No, it's the first Saturday of the month.
Mikayla: When is it gonna stop?
Me: I'm not sure honey, hopefully soon.
Thank goodness the alarms stopped sounding, and it turned out to be a fabulous party! Timothy's mom served hot dogs for lunch, the firefighters came in (one in full firefighting gear) to give a quick lesson about fire, then the children got to tour the truck. Then, all the kids (and some adults too) got to ride on the fire truck. Something my daughter will forever remember! There was plenty of space (all one room) for the children to play and parents to talk. I actually had my camera with me, but still no batteries. I got some pictures of Mikayla on the fire truck with my phone, but have no idea how to transfer them to the computer. Oh well, you'll just have to take my word for it!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage