Friday, February 06, 2009

Snow Day!!!

On Tuesday, January 20th, Drew and Mikayla woke me up before my alarm clock went off to tell me that the ground was white. I immediately turned on the news to check for school closings. I was surprised to find that the two districts in our county that normally close before the others were on a 2 hour delay (we are in one of those districts), while the other 5 districts were closed. I told Drew and Mikayla that they might want to go back to bed just in case we had school. Mikayla took heed to the warning, however, Drew did not. I was not surprised about an hour later to see that our school district had closed as well. We didn't have much snow, but it was enough to cover the ground and our road. I thought I might get to go back to sleep for awhile since Mikayla had, but Drew had other plans. He was determined to get out in the snow to play. It wasn't all his fault I must admit - when it comes to snow I'm like a big kid. Drew, Mikayla, and I went out to play for about an hour after getting all bundled up. After coming in to warm up for awhile, Drew decided that he wanted his Poppi to come over and play in the snow with him. He called his Poppi, and not surprisingly he came directly over. (I'm not so sure why it is so hard for my daddy to tell my children "no" - he sure didn't have a hard time using that word when I was a kid!) Drew and Mikayla had so much fun playing with their Poppi and me in the snow - they didn't want to come in when it was time. Poppi reminded them that we needed to warm up, and I told them I needed to give Molly (our cocker spaniel) a bath. I think they were mostly sad because the snow was already beginning to melt. Drew and Mikayla (and mommy too!) is hoping for many more snow days this year!!
Drew and Mikayla were so excited to see the ground covered with this fluffy white stuff!!

Mikayla makes her first snow angel of the year - too bad there wasn't much snow.

Drew begins to make his first snow angel of the year. Because there wasn't much snow, they were both in the dirt by the time they finished.Poppi comes over to have a snowball fight with Drew and Mikayla!

Mikayla loves swinging on her swing set in the snow...

While Drew was determined to build a snowman - no matter how small!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage