Friday, October 01, 2010

Christmas at Grandma's 2009

We always celebrate Christmas with my Grandma (my dad's family) the Saturday before Christmas. Last year was no different as we all gathered for dinner, fellowship, and the best part for the kids - presents!! My dad's side of the family is large and we all live reasonably close - Spartanburg, Inman, Boiling Springs, Chesnee, etc. with my Grandma living directly across the street from my mom and dad, but it is hard to get everyone together at the same time. Christmas and Easter is always a time where we can all be together! My daughter and her silly pictures - you can thank her Aunt Jennie for that! BJ, Jennie, Destiny, and Mik just "hanging out".
Jacob, Christina, and Drew love playing together any chance they get!

Some of the kids opening their cards from Grandma - yahhh for money!! Uncle "Shark", not Mark, Destiny, and Jennie having fun. My daddy always loves to aggravate the kids, hence the name, Uncle Shark.

Sweet Keyleigh and Destiny check out their money. I am always amazed by how much our sweet Mikayla and our sweet Keyleigh look alike. Of course, Keyleigh's dad - my cousin and I act a lot alike too, so we might be in trouble!!

My sweet Grandma watches as all of her "Great-Grands" open their cards from her!!

My daddy, his sister, and his sister-in-law (behind) have a pretty surprised reaction when my mom, my brother, my sister, Craig, and I (along with Drew and Mik) present my daddy with one of his Christmas presents (the one from all of us) - a 50" flat screen TV. It worked out wonderfully because Craig mentioned to me about getting that for my daddy, even if we had to get it ourselves, but when we called my brother he said YES. He had been thinking about getting daddy one by himself as well. Then, after talking to my mom and sister, we decided we would do this as a family!

Reaction #2 - We got him this time!!

Reaction #3 - we were really afraid he would be angry with us for doing this for him. My daddy has always been the one who has worked so hard to provide for his family - always putting others ahead of himself. He certainly never suspected this, and we decided to present it to him at Grandma's so that he would not be too angry (since we were, after all, in front of his whole family). My aunt KK and my Grandma are right there giving him lots of support as he takes this all in.

We walked the TV (well, my brother and my sweet hubby did) back across the street and we had to get it set up that night. My sister had written our daddy a sweet, wonderful, tear-jerker of a card to go with it, and my mom had made a beautiful red bow to go around it. My dad has definitely enjoyed this gift this whole year, and hopefully he will be able to enjoy it for many, many years to come!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage