Sunday, January 13, 2008

In with the New...

Since I posted Out with the Old... (several days ago), I thought it only fitting to post what our New Year looks like already. Many dates on our calendar are already filled, and by the end of the year we will have fewer empty spaces than full. So, welcome 2008 (albeit a couple weeks late).
  • Drew starts his second year of Upward Basketball
  • Mikayla begins her first year of cheering for Upward Basketball
  • Alison continues in 2 graduate courses (1 more class and I'll have 18+ hours towards my Masters Degree - I know that doesn't sound like much but with two little ones that's all the time I'm willing to give toward this endeavor at this point in my life)
  • Craig continues as supervisor over the HUBBLE account
  • Mikayla continues her year of dance (2 nights a week of classes)
  • Drew made straight A's on his report card for the second nine week's (he doesn't know yet because report cards don't come home until Thursday)
  • Alison will attend the State Teacher Forum Winter Workshop at Myrtle Beach in February
  • Drew will begin his 4th year of baseball (where he moves into the division using the pitching machine - which is why Santa brought him one)
  • Craig and Alison will attend the State Teacher of the Year Banquet in March where the 2008 - 2009 SC Teacher of the Year will be announced
  • Craig will turn 36 (I love that he has 7 years on me...)
  • Mikayla will participate in her 3rd dance recital
  • Summer Vacation!!!
  • Drew will turn 7 years old (I can't believe it...)
  • Alison will turn 29 (ahhhhh one more year in my twenties...)
  • Drew will start second grade (no matter how hard I try to convince him to come back to kindergarten)
  • Mikayla will start kindergarten (no matter how hard I try to convince her to be my 2 year old again)
  • Mikayla will turn 5 (another I can't believe...)
  • Drew will more than likely begin his second year of soccer (unless I give in and let him play football)
  • Mikayla will begin her 4th year of dance
  • Craig and Alison will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary

2008 looks pretty full already, and this list doesn't include appointments, birthday parties, etc. The fun has already begun!!

1 comment:

BeccA's Buzz said...

I like this post! It shows the Lord certainly has plenty of activities to keep us busy and out of trouble. Take that all you people who think being a Christian is boring! LOL

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage