Friday, August 26, 2005

First Day of School!!

Thursday, August 18, 2005 was Drew's first day of BIG SCHOOL! He started in the afternoon class of the 4 year old program at the school where I teach. The plan was Craig would still take Drew and Mikayla to daycare every morning, then Ms. Gale would drive Drew to my school on the daycare bus.

I was doing okay until about 11:00. I was more nervous about this than Drew was. He was very excited and couldn't wait. I was worried that he would be scared, or that he might not like it. I was also a little worried about his behavior. I sure didn't want him to embarrass me in front of my co-workers!

I also started worrying about how Mikayla would do without Drew at daycare in the afternoons.

Well now that the day is over, I feel like I worried for nothing. He LOVES kindergarten and his teachers. His favorite centers are blocks and kitchen! His teachers tell us that he does well in class. They did say that he likes to wonder around the room, but that this is normal at first. I should know this, I teach 5 year olds!! He hasn't embarrassed me yet!

Also, Mikayla seems to be adjusting well to not having Drew at daycare with her all day. The only thing is that if I haven't gotten there to pick her up by 4 she gets a little upset and starts crying for mommy! I think that this will get better as we continue the year. They were at home with mommy all summer!

No comments:

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage